9th Power of ONE raised Over $12,000
- Hits: 18
Apr 30th 2016, Dover. The 9th Power of One, a joint effort of Dover’s Cultural Exchange and Be Educated Movement, raised over $12,000 to promote Be Educated library program in Indian, Nepal and Pakistan and local Art and Music programs of Dover area. Event was a great success and received tremendous support from local businesses and individuals. Miss Delaware, Mayor of Dover, Senator Brian Bushweller along with over 150 guests gathered in this event to enjoy entertainment and food, sametime shown their commitment towards promoting education locally and globally. Dance group and Music performances stolen the heart of everyone’s.
Maria Ruffin of Dover’s Cultural Exchange thanks all sponsors, advertisers, Food and Drink sponsors, auction item donors and volunteers who helped to make this event success.
Proceed from event will go towards purchasing musical instruments for Kent County Community School and funding to Central Middle School for Visual Art Programs. As part of Global commitment will continue support Be Educated Libraries and Sharon Katz's Peace Train program of South Africa.
- Ashok Patel and Family (Harrington) - Andy Associates ($1000 Platinum sponsor)
- Sam’s Club Dover DE ($1000 Platinum sponsor)
- Super Walmart Camden, DE ($1000 Platinum sponsor)
- Dr. Sambhab Kumar and Family ($500 Gold sponsor)
- Satish Dola and Family (www.delasoft.com) ($500 Gold sponsor)
- CNT Infotech (www.cntit.com) ($500 Gold sponsor)
- UI Builders ($500 Gold sponsor)
- Biggs Museum, Dover ($500 Gold sponsor)
'Be Educated - Be Well' health camp for 2015
- Hits: 544
GOOD HEALTH is GOOD WEALTH, GOOD HEALTH MATTERS.
In cities people have more medical resources and fundamental health information; healthcare is least cause of concern. Whereas in remote villages of underdeveloped & developing nations, basic health care is a BIG cause of concern, and that is taking away lives. Such grave event(s), can be avoided.
To name few instances in remote villages: There are many children who cannot read/write owing to eyesight issues which they not aware of. Blood Anemia is very common among girls. Adults have hygiene problems to make situations worse. Sad situations such as these can be avoided.
Be Educated is very excited to announce ‘Be Educated – Be Well’, (flyer) full day health camp program.
In this program, Doctors will be onsite to do health screening of all members and our trained coordinators will educate local community about early detection, preventative care and to live healthy.
Program costs around $200 per location. We have 108 locations at this time (spread across 16 states in India, Nepal and Pakistan). Be Educated seeking donors help; They can either sponsor one or multiple locations SPONSOR NOW for this program or may choose to donate DONATE NOW to this project without being specific to location. 'It will make our job much easier from funds we raise from your donations' - says Mahesh Gurugunthi, he added We are working really hard, providing this training to our coordinator and talking to local doctors, getting local community involved.
Update: As of Nov 18 2015 Indian team has completed Health Camp program at 39 locations in Assam, AP, Gujarat, Uttra Khand, UP, Bihar, MP, Haryana, Rajasthan and Telangna. We still need to do in 42 locations in India. On average 40-50 children are getting heath screening at each location. Team Nepal has already initiated at 12 locations and fund has been transferred. We are still to initiate in Pakistan.
Activities/Tasks during the Camp
Women’s Health (special session for Girls only)
- Explain Women Reproduction System Diagram
- What is Menstruation Cycle?
- Myth about the Menstruation Cycle
- What should be taken care of during this period
- Relief medication to avoid pain
- When should you contact Doctor
Heath Awareness Topic
- Dental Hygiene
- General Hygiene - How to avoid common diseases like Cough, Flu, Food Poisoning and infections
- Living Healthy Life – Exercises, Eliminating Stress and healthy food (Food Pyramid)
- How Smoking/Tobacco/Alcohol affects your body
- Know the Diseases – First Sign and Symptom
- Blood Sugar, Heart Attack/Stroke, Cancer,TB
Screening by Doctor
- Body Mass Index (Height and Weight)
- Vision and Hearing Test
- Blood Pressure
- Clinical Test for Blood Anemia
- Clinical Test for Stomach Worm
- Clinical Test for Vitamin Deficiency
- Follow-up and Recommendations